The Teaching Quality Standard of Alberta states that “teachers apply a variety of technologies to meet students’ learning needs.”
I believe that I have met this standard by demonstrating the following:
- Recognizing the need for balance between technology as a tool versus technology as a source of information.
- encouraging students to explore technology and devices that they may not be familiar with to achieve a goal or outcome related to the curriculum.
- Encourage students to use the technology to connect outside of the classroom, via social networks, blogs, websites or other means.
- Encourage students to use technology that is “at their fingertips” to help them to plan, create, share, and evaluate their own learning.
- Teach and model to students the importance of digital citizenship and proper digital etiquette,