The Teaching Quality Standard of Alberta states that “teachers establish learning environments wherein students feel physically, psychologically, socially and culturally secure. They are respectful of students’ human dignity, and seek to establish a positive professional relationship with students that is characterized by mutual respect, trust and harmony“.
I believe that I have met this standard by demonstrating the following:
- Involve students in meaningful, engaging and relevant learning experiences.
- Creating a culture of caring students within my classroom, where students feel physically, psychologically, socially and culturally safe.
- Ensuring a positive and supporting climate of a respectful professional relationship with the cornerstones of trust, mutual respect and cooperation through clear expectations, communication and collegiality.
- Promoting collaborative relationships with peers within my building, school district and province to make my classroom an engaging and stimulating environment to be a part of.
- Include community members in the collaborative process in creating an enhanced and engaging curriculum.