The Teaching Quality Standard of Alberta states that “teachers engage in ongoing professional development to enhance their: understanding of and ability to analyze the context of teaching; ability to make reasoned judgments and decisions; and, pedagogical knowledge and abilities. They actively refine and redefine their visions in light of the ever-changing context, new knowledge and understandings, and their experiences. While these visions are dynamic and grow in depth and breadth over teachers’ careers, the visions maintain at their core a commitment to teaching practices through which students can achieve optimum learning.”
I believe that I have met this standard by demonstrating the following:
- Actively seeking new opportunities for leadership, collaboration and personal growth.
- Continually participate in professional learning and personal learning networks to expand pedogical practice, theories and ideas on teaching and approaches.
- Supporting, encouraging and practicing collaboration of ideas, context and approaches with members of my team, school, and district.
- Constantly evolve and evaluate my teaching practice through personal and professional reflection and evaluations.
- Developing yearly professional growth plans with peers and administration.